Our Family....

Forever, For Always and No Matter What

Monday, September 6, 2010

Our Fourth of July

I know that it's September, but since  I wasn't doing a blog in July, I thought I would share!  We were so disappointed in the Fourth of July in Morgantown last year.  We LOVE the Idaho Falls Fourth and have been quite spoiled!  We love the parade, the family picnics and games, hanging out and visiting with family before the fireworks and of course the BEST firework show in the West!  We really missed all that last year.  Morgantown just didn't work for us!  So, this year we decided to go and watch the fireworks in Washington D.C.  It's only a 3 1/2 hour drive for us, so it wasn't bad.  Because Randy has been traveling so much again (yes, we ALL hate it!) he had plenty of Marriott rewards so we were able to stay in downtown DC and walk to the Mall.  (No, that's not a shopping center, dang, but it's where all the museums are and by the Monuments!)  Anyway, we were able to visit a few museums and then sit right by the Washington Monument.  They light the fireworks off behind the Monument and it is really gorgeous!  It was TONS better than Morgantown, but we all thought IF was better!  I really think that we just missed being with our family so much!  But, I have to admit, there was something so cool about being in downtown DC for the Fourth.  We loved it and had a great time!




We were waiting for the fireworks to start!  Yes, we all wore matching shirts, even Randy.  I have to admit, it was nice afterwards when we were trying to get back to our hotel.  There were so many people and all I had to do was look for the red shirts!

The girls and I always paint our toenails.  We do this every year and love it!  The girls had matching flip flops and got some nasty blisters from all the walking we did.  That's why they have all the moleskin on.  One bonus....this was the first trip WITHOUT a stroller!  It was so nice, but it tears at my heart just a little to know that I don't have a baby anymore!

I love this girl so much!  She is growing up way too fast though!







I guess we can say that we saw the fireworks in DC!  It was a great weekend and we loved being together as a family!

The next day we went to Arlington National Cemetary.  We loved the changing of the guard.  It was a very touching moment and even Tylee was quiet.  There was just such a spirit there.  We had a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! So cool. Missing IF for a year to do that sounds great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like boys and your child named treyson i want to rape them

    ReplyDelete