Our Family....

Forever, For Always and No Matter What

Saturday, September 11, 2010

We Will Never Forget

Last year we went to Shanksville, PA where flight 93 went down.  There was such a neat spirit there.  I will never forget what I was doing, or where I was on September 11, 2001.  I am so grateful that we were able to take the kids there and show them what those men and women sacrificed for us. 





These are some of the thousands of items people have left on the wall in memory of those who sacrificed their lives.


This is a wall that people have signed.  All of us were able to sign the wall.

The flag out in the field is the actual spot where the plane went down.  All of the kids came home with a better understanding of what really happened there.  We will never forget what happened that day and the impact it has made on our lives.  I am so thankful for the men and women in uniform who are so willing to fight for our freedom and keep us safe! WE WILL NEVER FORGET!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shellee!!

    I recognized your blog link on "Me and My Boys" and wanted to catch up with your family! I've never forgotten YOU, and I adored you as my teacher in Moscow all those years ago. I've held on to the nugget of truth when you told me, I was a royal daughter of God and with credentials like that I could do anything!

    I've often wondered over the years how "Handy Randy" and his beautiful Shellee were doing....I see that you have a darling family! Hope you don't mind that I follow. :)

    Thanks for posting pictures of the memorial. It was a very touching post, and an unforgettable memory for your family.

    ReplyDelete