Our Family....

Forever, For Always and No Matter What

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Still trying to catch up...

I can't believe that it's the middle of June and I am just getting around to posting again.  The last couple of weeks of school were crazy!  I was in the school everyday doing something.  Randy would sure like it if I was getting paid for all those hours!  But, I love being in there and getting to know the kids in my kid's classes and the teachers.  It certainly is worth all the time I spend in there.  I also just got back from Girl's camp.  It was a wonderful experience and I have 17 new daughters!  I loved being over the YCL's and grew to love all of them in a short period of time.  I sure missed Dari and Natalie though!  It was Taysha's first year.  I didn't see her a lot, and I tried to give her space away from Mom, but I was glad I was there to get my nightly hug from at least one of my kids!

On Thursday, Randy, TJ, and I leave for the Trek.  I am excited, nervous, anxious and every other emotion you could feel.  It's so humid and hot here, and we are supposed to get thunderstorms everyday.  I am sure it will be an experience that I won't forget.  But....I am excited for the experience and will report.....if I live through it!

In April we went on a temple trip with the youth of our ward.  Once again, we headed to DC.  This trip was extra special because it was Taysha's first time.  Randy is always helping in the temple, but this time I got to in as a leader.  I can't even begin to describe the feeling I had, as I watched her go under the water and be baptized for those people who have waited so long for the gospel.  I felt my Dad and Randy's Dad so close. I felt as though I could have reached out and touched them.  I sure miss them and constantly feel the void in our lives without them around, but I am so thankful for eternal families and the knowledge I have that I can be with them again.   It was a very spiritual time for me and for Taysha!  Before we went to the temple, we stopped at Cheasepeak Bay.  It was cold, but fun for the kids to walk on the beach and put their feet in the water.  We have loved the many experiences we are having back east, but sure miss our family!





This is a picture of the kids swimming in the swimming pool at the hotel.  It was so nice to be able to sit on the side and watch them.  It did tear at my heart though, to know that my babies are growing up!








We loved spending time at Cheasapeak Bay, even though it was cold! 

I love this picture of the kids, especially Taysha.  (This is the Easter picture, but TJ wasn't quite ready yet!  Typical teenager!)  She is a beautiful young woman and growing up so fast.  It's so hard to believe that she is 12 and in Young Women's!  The night of her birthday, her beehive teacher showed up at the house with four girls from our Young Women.  This might not seem like that big of a deal to those of you back West, but for them to get to our house was at least a half hour drive one way.  They all had cookies, a cake and a card.  I was very touched and couldn't keep the tears back.  It made Taysha's night and I don't think that leader will ever fully comprehend how much that meant to us.  Taysha is my right hand and always helping me out.  She is such a blessing to me in my life!

This is what the Young Women brought to Taysha!  She felt pretty loved!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my heck Shellee, I cannot believe that Taysha is in Young Women's--where does the time go?? I'm glad to hear you are still keeping busy in Young Women's, you are such an inspiration! Dari and I will be going to girls camp July 5-8. I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete